Monday 7 June 2010

Starting Oracle SOA Expert revision

I've decided to knuckle down and work to gain Oracle SOA Expert certification. Some searching shows http://onlineappsdba.com/index.php/2009/08/14/1z0-114-oracle-soa-foundations-adoption-and-implementation-certification-for-soa-architects/ to be a useful start point. I've read the BEA Domain Model for SOA (which reminded me of TOGAF with its building blocks) and now I'm on to the BEA SOA reference architecture. Hopefully the change to Oracle terms isn't too confusing.

So that's the top down preparation and I've combined it with some bottom up hands on work and got Getting Started with Oracle SOA Suite 11g R1 - A Hands-On Tutorial (or the install and configuration section) and downloaded the Oracle SOA software:
You'll need to have a free OTN account to download the software. Installation provided the usual challenges of minor incompatibilities which I'll cover in a future post. Until then...

Pete Raymond



No comments:

Post a Comment